Effective date: 29 August 2019
Checkback International Limited & Vetting Solutions Centre Limited, companies incorporated in England , Wales and Ireland with company numbers 07339819 & 307324 and registered office address at both W20/W21 575-599 Maxted Road, Hemel Hempstead, HP2 7ED, UK & Trinity Street Dublin 2, Ireland (“Checkback”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://vettingsolutions.online , https://checkback.co.uk & https://checkback.ie websites and associated vetting services (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to complete this stage of your recruitment process.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Recent Reference history such as Employment & Educational details
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Technical data, including IP address, your login data, browser type and version, time-zone setting and location etc.
- Profile data including your username and password
- Marketing and communications data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us or third parties and your communication preferences.
All Data is purged from our database within 90 days from screening end or in response to request to delete sooner by you the applicant or our clients.
In certain circumstances we will collect Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, trade union membership, information about your health or information about criminal convictions or offences). We will only do this with your prior specific consent, which you will give to us if and when you sign our Consent Form.
Where we need to collect personal data on behalf of our Clients, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform our Services.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We will not share this information with any third party.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Collecting Your Data
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
- Direct interactions where you directly provide us with personal data, for example by completing one of our application forms;
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you, on behalf of our Client, from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register;
- Your current or former employers;
- Other trusted vetting services in countries outside of the UK;
Use of Data
Checkback uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Services to our Clients
. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
. Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer of Data
In providing the Services, we may be required to transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) if, for example, you have previously lived or worked in a country outside of the EEA and we are required to verify those details with an employer or agent based outside of the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe;
Disclosure of Data
Checkback may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Checkback International
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
. To third parties such as data sub-processors, service providers, professional advisers, HMRC, regulators or other authorities.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with the instructions we receive from our Clients.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
1 Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
2 Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
3 Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
4 Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
5 Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
6 Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
7 Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org for the United Kingdom
- By email: Solutions@checkback.ie for the Republic of Ireland
- By visiting this page on our website: https://checkback.co.uk/contact-us-2/
- By visiting this page on our website: https://checkback.ie/contact/
- Websites checkback.co.uk / .ie & .es – Hosted on WordPress in UK Datacentre – Krystal Hosting Ltd, Kemp House 152 – 160 City Road, London EC1V 2N , data backup daily
- Checkback.co.uk / ie Request A Callback Form — Data transmitted directly to MO and stored there
- Email checkback.co.uk / .ie / .es – Hosting Microsoft Office 265 in the cloud
- Vettinsolutions.online – Hosted on windows dedicated server in UK Datacentre – UKFast Campus, Birley Fields, Manchester, England, M15 5QJ – Full backup once a week and 6 incremental backups
- Company Drives are all backed up to MO365